(Basking Ridge, NJ) Tom Kean Jr. continues to stand with Trump and the MAGA crowd and against middle-class New Jerseyans as he rails against legislation that lowers the cost of living for New Jerseyans. But that’s no surprise, given Kean Jr.’s record for the last 20 year in Trenton.
- 2002-2003: Voted against lowering water and energy bills for New Jerseyans.
- 2003: Voted against helping seniors and disabled patients save on prescription drugs.
- 2004: Voted against funding property tax relief by increasing income taxes on individuals making over $500,000 a year – potentially raising his own taxes.
- 2005: Voted against raising the New Jersey minimum wage to $7.15.
- 2010: Voted against eliminating property tax rebates for homeowners.
- 2011-2019: Voted against the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, which saved New Jerseyans more than $900 million on energy bills.
- 2011: Voted to eliminate property tax rebates for roughly 1 million homeowners.
- 2012: Voted against raising the New Jersey minimum wage to $8.50.
- 2016: Voted against raising the New Jersey minimum wage to $10.10.
- 2018: Voted against raising the New Jersey minimum wage to $15.
- 2020: Opposed efforts to reduce the costs of prescription drugs by allowing Medicare to negotiate prices.
- 2020: Voted against funding health care subsidies for low- and middle-income New Jerseyans.
- 2021: Voted against giving property tax break to seniors.
- 2021: Voted against tax rebates for families paid for by a tax increase on millionaires.
- 2021: Opposed spending that raised the SALT deduction cap.
While Tom Kean Jr. actively hurts the middle-class, Tom Malinowski has delivered real relief to lower the cost of living in New Jersey. He brought microchip and innovative technology manufacturing back home through the CHIPS and Science Act; he cut costs for prescription drugs, monthly healthcare premiums and energy bills through the Inflation Reduction Act; he spurred hundreds of thousands of good-paying American jobs to bounceback the job market through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act; he kept property taxes down amid the COVID-19 pandemic through the American Rescue Plan; and much more. Tom Kean Jr. opposed every single piece of legislation that brought real relief to middle-class New Jerseyans because he has nothing else to run on.
“While Tom Malinowski is putting in the work to address the economic concerns of his constituents, Tom Kean Jr. is sitting behind his twitter feed parroting the MAGA crowd whose votes in Congress work against middle-class Americans,” said Campaign Manager Brooke Zindulka. “Kean Jr. is the problem – not the solution to the challenges we face on cost of living and inflation. He has a terrible twenty year record in Trenton of driving up costs for middle class families – and his following of extreme MAGA politics in Washington will only make things worse.”