Tom Malinowski for Congress is seeking passionate students, ready to join the fight for affordable healthcare for all, a fair tax plan for NJ’s middle class, women’s rights, and common-sense gun safety laws. Interns will be on the front lines, mobilizing voters in preparation for the November 6th election in New Jersey’s 7th congressional district—a pivotal race that has been rated among the 20 most competitive in the country, and key to Democrats taking back the House of Representatives.
About the Program
Interns will work alongside our skilled team of campaign operatives to plan and execute an ambitious, nationally-targeted program. Interns will gain first-hand experience in campaign communication, finance, event management, and organizing. Hours are flexible and time commitment varies by availability.
● Empowering communities to make political change
● Brainstorming and enacting creative plans to contact and mobilize voters
● Supporting fundraising and outreach activities
● Managing and executing phone banks, canvasses, and other voter contact efforts
● Monitoring media coverage and conducting research to guide communications strategy
● Learning to use the Voter Activation Network (VAN), a voter database system utilized by Democratic campaigns across the country
● Staffing Tom at events across the district
Qualified candidates will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a desire to support Tom Malinowski, New Jersey Democrats, and progressive change across the state. All are encouraged to apply, regardless of experience. Candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis. Submit applications, including a resume and brief statement of interest, online, at bit.ly/InternshipNJ7.
For questions and/or submission troubleshooting, please reach out to Sarah Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject “Internship Application.”