Tom Malinowski for Congress is seeking passionate students who are ready to join the fight for affordable healthcare for all, a fair tax plan for NJ’s middle class, female empowerment, common-sense gun legislation, and protecting our American values and democracy. Interns will be on the front lines, mobilizing voters in preparation for the November 6th election in New Jersey’s 7th congressional district — a race which has been rated among the 20 most competitive in the country and which lives at the core of the fight to take back the House of Representatives.
About the Program
Interns will work alongside our skilled team of campaign operatives to plan and execute an ambitious, nationally-targeted program. Interns will gain first-hand experience in campaign communication, finance, event management, and organizing.
● Empowering communities to make political change
● Brainstorming and enacting creative plans to contact and mobilize voters
● Recruiting, training and managing volunteers to expand our political reach and operation
● Identifying and persuading voters to support our progressive candidates and causes
● Managing and executing phone banks, canvasses, and other voter contact efforts
● Learning to use our voter database system—utilized by the majority of Democratic campaigns across the country
● Planning and staffing Tom at events across the district
Qualified candidates will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a desire to support Tom Malinowski and effect progressive change. All are encouraged to apply, regardless of experience. Candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications should include a brief statement of interest and a resume. Submit applications to Daniel Fleiss at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Internship Application.” Please include any relevant paperwork, such as documentation about receiving course credit through your institution of higher education.